The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for unemployed people. The work opportunities are based in community and voluntary organisations in both urban and rural areas.
South West Mayo Development Company manages the Tús Community Work Placement Initiative in south and west Mayo on behalf of the Department of Social Protection (DSP).
If you are unemployed and would like to check your eligibility, please see the most up-to-date information here: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/de6a8b-tus-community-work-placement-initiative/.
South West Mayo Development Company and our Tús Supervisors take pride in offering participants engaging and productive work placement experiences that:
- Help Tús participants to re-engage with the workplace and the routine of work
- Build Tús participants’ confidence and self-esteem
- Focus on improving the employment prospects of Tús participants
If you are a community-based organisation interested in Tús support, you will find the most up-to-date information here: https://www.gov.ie/ga/foilsiuchan/e67506-operational-guidelines-tus-community-work-placement-initiative/.
All project work carried out by participants under the Tús Initiative is community based. The types of projects eligible for support can include:
- Environmental services (for example, conservation and maintenance of national walkways)
- Caring services (for example, childcare, care of older people)
- General community services (for example, newsletters or information provision for communities)
- Heritage and cultural services (for example, local heritage projects)
- Educational services (for example, community playgroups)
SWMDC implements the Tús programme in south and west Mayo. To find out if you are in our area, please contact Kevin Cunniffe, Tús & RSS Coordinator.
For more information, please contact:
|SWMDC Tús & RSS Office (Balla)||Kevin Cunniffeemail@example.com||087 973 1096 / 094 936 6692|
|Castlebar / Turlough / Parke / Belcarra||Brian Finnfirstname.lastname@example.org||087 096 0225|
|Claremorris / Balla / Ballinrobe||Mairead Dooleyemail@example.com||087 738 5464|
|Shrule / Kilmaine / Ballinrobe / Cong||Trevor Grimesfirstname.lastname@example.org||087 935 0083|
|Westport / Newport / Mulranny||Tony Hynesemail@example.com||087 669 9920|
|Westport / Louisburgh / Fahy / Aughagower||Olivia Kitterickfirstname.lastname@example.org||087 605 3261|